Cross Flow Filtration
In a conventional static filtration process – such as sheet filtration or filtration with diatomaceous – filter plate sediments are used for the clarification of liquids. All those methods are intermittent techniques.
After a certain number of filtration processes, the filter media are worn. They have to be replaced and subsequently disposed. In addition to that, filtration by final cartridges are required.
Crossflow filtration works like a bypass – with a beer gently recirculated through the porous membranes and back to the pump inlet. The “clean” filtrate passes the membrane, due to the pressure difference, and the beer in the system gets more and more turbid.
- Crossflow beer filtration system
- With Romfil – hollow fiber modules, type Romfil-Evoflux-B, 10 m2 each
- PLC control with operation via touch panel 7.5″ colour
- With optimised visualization 2017
- Evoflow pipe management
- Romfil Evoenergy – energy saving system (to avoid any energy input in the product and for a particularly low energy consumption.
- 2 pieces air filtration unit with 3 stages and replaceable inlets
- Separated connection for gas (CO2/N) for the backflush and the emptying of the product
- Transparent view at product inlet and outlet
- Water filter 100μ as safety filter at drinking water inlet
- CIP-cleaning of cleaning tank, fully automated
- Circulation pump and pressure pump frequency controlled
- Sample valve at filtrate outlet, optimised for beer
- Safety strainer at product inlet
We have become specialists in beer membrane filtration, a technique borrowed from the wine industry that allows filtration to become automated and with a continuous output. Our manufacturing partners, Romfil GmbH, provides – in our opinion – the best quality crossflow filters on the market today.
We have installed beer membrane filtration, or crossflow filters, in breweries in the UK and have performance data and consumables data on these machines. The beer membrane filter uses far, far less consumable material and produces less waste than conventional filtration systems. Crossflow filtration has in the past been the preserve of large breweries, but now is accessible to microbreweries.
The Romfil XF-B systems benefit from long-term experience in engineering and building crossflow systems for wine and other liquids. Moreover they worked together with international well-known brewing specialists.
Advantages Of Romfil Beer Filtration Systems:
- Automated filtration
- Only one filtration
- High-class organoleptic results
- Outstanding foam stability
- Cost efficiency
- Energy saving
- Residual amount
- Compliant to the German Reinheitsgebot
- Adjustable filtration dynamics 3-stages (1,8/2,0/2,2 bar)
- Pressure control and monitoring during filtration at 3 different places, TMP monitoring
- Temperature monitoring during production
- Temperature safety control during production
- Automatic adaption of the system pressure during the filtration to avoid over pressure
- Filtration operation with programmable parameters
- Backflush (rate + duration programmable)
- Automatic trub output (rate + duration programmable)
- Electronic flowmeter with quantity preselection and low quantity preselection with automatic shutdown.
- Temperature monitoring during cleaning
- Cleaning time monitoring
- Programmable cleaning time
- Guided cleaning (accompanying instructions)
- Connection for water on the filtrate side for a manual water back rinse.
Security And Self-Diagnosis Help
- Integrity test for membranes
- Test program for all pneumatic valves
- Test program for all system pumps
- Dry running protection for all system pumps
- Electronic pressure control during the cleaning
- Electronic pressure monitoring during the cleaning
- Safety valve in the filtrate pipeSafety valve in the product inlet